Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Richard Burr doesn't see the wreck coming


My dream last night was a real doozie. I'm driving on a narrow, two lane, country road. It's night and pouring rain. My windows are fogging up inside my car. But I have abnormally strong headlights. It's weird because I can see miles down the road but have a very narrow window through which I can see ahead. I'm scared, and sweating profusely. My heart is pounding. A dread is coming over me that something really bad is about to happen.

It gets worse. A massive 18 wheeler is coming over a hill ahead. It's swerving like a drunk driver is behind the wheel. Rubber is flying off the tires. The truck bed is tilting side and side. There's no way that I am going to pass this out of control truck without it plowing right over me. I'm madly making an attempt to use my brake and steering wheel to retreat to the side of the road. Nothing is responding. My death is within view.

Then I wake up.

This morning I flipped on my trading screens and starting the normal routine of catching up on the Asian and European trading activity. All I see is violence breaking out across the world. Massive street protests in the UK and Greece. People are mad as hell at their irresponsible governments that have spent them into bankruptcy.

The truck. I see it coming. Do you?

Senator Richard Burr doesn't see that truck coming. Senator Richard Burr doesn't see the danger ahead. Senator Richard Burr just voted for one hell of a massively irresponsible bill that increases our nation's debt by over $1.1 Trillion. This irresponsible bill is so crammed full of crap that we're spending money on a myriad of stupid stuff - 6,488 earmarks. It's a bill that rewards the super rich in our nation, although we suffer from the greatest income disparity in our nation's history. It's a 1,924 page bill that spends over $500 million per page. It's a symbol of the total break down and failure of our nation's government.

This bill is the epitome of insanity. It cuts taxes and spends a massive amount of money at a time when our nation is already over $14 Trillion in debt and running $1+ Trillion annual deficits. It's more of the same old crap used by our Republican party during the Bush administration that wound up destroying our nation's economy. We can't solve our problems by repeating all the same actions that delivered these problems to our doorstep. If cutting taxes and spending money delivers a painful economic outcome, North Carolinian common sense says that it's now time for bills that increase taxes and make deep spending cuts. But we can't expect common sense out of our state's Republican Senator Richard Burr.

Senator Richard Burr is an embarrassment to the State of North Carolina. There's a reason Richard doesn't see the truck coming. He's the drunk driver behind the wheel. Richard Burr is determined to bring an end to life as we know it. Richard Burr is determined to kill off America with his irresponsible tax cuts and ridiculous spending.

North Carolina deserves better than Republican Senator Richard Burr.

Addendum - It's likely that I am confusing a $1.1 Trillion omnibus spending bill with a $900 Billion tax cut and spending bill. Two different animals. Same irresponsible crap that always goes on in Washington DC. Same irresponsible crap that our Republican Senator Richard Burr has been a party to for 15+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment