Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Republicans go after Health Care


So, my Republican party now insists on chewing up valuable time, resources, money in going after a repeal of the recent Health Care legislation? I have but two thoughts about this fool's errand:
  1. Where were the Republican politicians when Health Care costs spiraled out of control? For eight years during the Bush Administration, Republican politicians sat on their lazy asses, while year after year, health care costs climbed 2,3,4x higher than annual inflation rates. Republicans did nothing. So why should what they think about this issue carry any weight now? It sure doesn't with me. I could care less about what my Republican party thinks needs to be done about health care costs. They ignored the problem and now its out of control. Republicans are largely to blame for this mess. They shouldn't be at the table when it comes to planning a fix.
  2. What's the Republican alternative to the Health Care problem? I hear lots of bitching out of the Republican Party, but I hear zero viable solutions. What I hear Republicans talk about is free markets and laissez-faire principles applied to Health Care. We tried that with housing and Wall Street. How'd that work out for us?
A message to my Republican Party as it pertains to Health Care - just shut the 'eff up and go away. You caused the problem. You have no solutions. While I don't like what's been done, I like less that you're even involved in the debate.

North Carolina deserves better than Republican Senator Richard Burr.

No comments:

Post a Comment