Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Where's Richard Burr ?

I haven't been posting much recently, for a number of reasons:

A. Been busy making money trading securities.
B. Am fed up with our federal government.
C. Am more than fed up with my Republican Party.
D. Am more than dismayed at the ineffectiveness of my Republican Senator.
E. All of the above.

A betting man would go with "E" - all of the above.

My wife and I settled in last night to watch President Obama give The State of the Union Address. We're both supporters of our President. But, I have to say that I was less than impressed with his speech. It simply lacked emotion. It didn't offer anything in the way of details. It wasn't tough enough. It just didn't motivate me what so ever. That was a golden opportunity for President Obama to have really changed the direction of our country. It didn't happen.

One thing I did do last night? I kept my eye out for my 15 year tenured Republican Senator Richard Burr. I did not see Richard Burr. In all the news shows leading up to the speech and after, I never heard his name mentioned even once. So, what else is new?

Richard Burr - nice man, loves his wife and children, good Christian, good neighbor. But what in the world does this man get accomplished for the citizens on North Carolina? Nothing. Richard Burr has done absolutely nothing of substance in his 15 years in Congress. He's been paid $2.7 Million in compensation since he's been in Congress. What did we get for our money?

We got screwed.

North Carolina deserves better than Republican Senator Richard Burr.

No comments:

Post a Comment