Friday, July 22, 2011

Why I blog about my worthless Senator


Another brief email hit my inbox recently.   The simple question asked was:  Why do you blog? You are wasting your time,  according to this person.

Hardly.  I want my frustrations heard.   If I was a big company,  I'd spend millions on lobbyists. But I don't have money I want to waste on those efforts.  If I was the normal individual,  I'd write a couple letters or emails and maybe make some phone calls.   And the chances of those efforts falling on any ears of importance would be next to zero.

My efforts are a better use of time,  at near zero cash outlay.  I get results.  How do I know this?  My three favorite network servers from which I get multiple hits daily:

1.  executive office of the president
2.  united states senate
3.  u.s. house of representatives

While those hits might just as easily be coming from the night time janitorial staff on capital hill and the white house,  there is a high probability that my stuff is getting eye time from decision makers,  or those with influence on the decision makers.

So,  it's far from a waste of time.   And as long as the hits keep coming from those servers,  I am going to be expressing my frustrations through this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Blogs are a great way to express what your feeling and it's pretty cool to get feedback. Even if it's not what you want to heard it leads to a conversation that can be interesting. You have a very interesting point of view and I would love to hear what you have to say on my newly launched site www.why.com. The site is aimed for bloggers to share the reason why they blog and see what others say. Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete