Friday, February 10, 2012

@SenatorBurr - Did you trade on insider information? It sure seems so.

I am still,  to this day, scratching my head over Senator Richard Burr's 2008 financial filings.  I detailed what happened in a post awhile back.   I swear I looked at the disclosure website,  multiple times.   It showed that our Senator made very timely sales of stocks like Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers,  days within closed door meetings that Hank Paulson held with Senators and Congressmen.  I raised these sales as a red flag,  and even shot an email over to the Raleigh News and Observer about them.   Then,  a couple weeks later,  the disclosures just disappeared,  like they never existed.

Now we learn that our US Senator was one of only three voting against new laws prohibiting our elected representatives from trading on insider information.

There's more to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment