Tuesday, September 11, 2012

@SenatorBurr - I appreciate the fact that your stupidy has made me significantly more wealthy. Thank you.

Originally from October 2010:

There's a really weird situation unfolding here. I don't care for Richard Burr. The man's an absolutely terrible choice to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate. He's just plain stupid. Did you watch those debates? Elaine kicked Richard's tail. I'm really shocked Richard didn't just tuck his head between his legs and slink off the stage. On the other hand, I guess it took guts to stay up there after being humiliated like that.

It's significantly worse than just his stupidity though. He's a follower, not a leader. When has this man ever been on the forefront of any major action in Congress? Never. In fact, he's been in Congress for 15 years and has absolutely ZERO accomplishments from which North Carolina can have a sense of pride. And there's that big issue of his honesty. I firmly believe he sold his Bear Stearns stock based on insider information. In my eyes, the man's a crook. So, what has Richard done that deserves re-election? I'm at a loss.

But, Richard Burr is making me wealthy. Like I said, it's a really weird situation.

I'm having a fantastic year financially. Normally, I'm a very active trader. But this year I've been executing on a strategy I've termed the lazy man trade. My capital is parked in high yielding assets that the terrified investing public won't touch. And I'm borrowing money at dirt cheap rates and re-investing it at significantly higher yields. It's just a matter of sitting back and collecting all the dividends and interest rolling in the door.

It's even better than that though. Because our nation is in such a mess, interest rates are being pushed through the floor. As interest rates fall, the value of my investments rise. So, I'm collecting a nice, regular stream of cash, and banking some really significant appreciation off my assets as well. It's been a very good year.

Why is that? Republicans like Richard Burr. They screwed up this country royally, enabling me to borrow massive amounts of money at 1% interest. They screwed up this country so much that the investing public is absolutely terrified and fleeing to assets yielding nothing. That leaves the investing environment wide open for me to own high yielding assets at great prices. Republicans also tied the hands of Congress to such an extent that good fiscal policy wasn't executed. And they're going to clamp down so hard on fiscal policy that the only avenue left for solving our nation's economic problems lies with the Federal Reserve Board. The FED is now forced to use monetary policy aggressively to compensate for the anticipated failure of a Republican controlled Congress. The FED will be printing money and buying assets. Those moves are making me wealthy.

Are you growing more wealthy? Are you increasing your income in this economy? Why not? By electing Richard Burr, you're sure putting good money in my pocket, and the pockets of others who hold significant investment assets.

Thank you for voting for Burr. Thank you for voting for the idiot Republicans who are making all this wealth flow to asset owners, while workers get nothing. If you're not getting your fair share, then you're clueless as to what the Republican party means ...

Republicans make wealthy people even more wealthy, at the expense of the middle class, at the expense of the unemployed, at the expense of most Americans.

North Carolina deserves better than Republican Senator Richard Burr.

No comments:

Post a Comment